Special Issues are nothing but sub topics/ more specific topics of journal which are focused with the scope of journals. Special issues are handled by Guest Editors who are expertise on particular subject, will review the manuscripts and provide decision on them.
Why publish a special issue?
* Special issues typically attract more consideration than regular issues, perhaps because the articles may be commissioned. As a consequence, the articles are often read more and highly cited.
** Philosophies for new special issues may come from a variety of sources. They may arise from editorial board meetings, come from someone in the field, or be solicited with a call for proposals. Special issues can also be noble for the discipline, drawing attention to a particular topic.
Special issues will be with a minimum set of 5 articles is released on a monthly basis and proposals will be accepted accordingly. All proposals should contain the following information for Editorial Office use-
- 1. Title of the proposed special issue;
- 2. Purpose and relevance to journal scope;
- 3. List of topics to be covered;
- 4. List of potential contributors/ colleagues/ experts;
- 5. Guest Editor (s) and Reviewers;
- 6. Contact details like Address, phone, e-mail, and fax of guest editors and reviewers.